January 11, 2010

The definition of "blackness"

Oh, white people, always policing what people of color "should" be. Let me give some much needed attention to Rod Blago--eh fuck it.

CHICAGO — Ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Monday that it was stupid for him to tell Esquire magazine that he's "blacker than Barack Obama" and that he doesn't believe it anyway.

Well it was so stupid you decided to say it anyway so I'm going to ignore your "take backsies!"

In an interview on WLS Radio in Chicago, Blagojevich explained he was speaking metaphorically

When we're stuck we always pull out what we learned in 6th grade English class don't we?

to the reporter whose story appears in the February issue of the magazine. He said his comments were made out of frustration with the way blacks and others who are struggling are treated by government.

"It's a stupid metaphor to say I'm blacker than Barack Obama, that I apologize for," he said. "It's not appropriate for me, a white person, to stand out somehow and claim to be a black person, that's just wrong ... I was expressing frustration that the policies of this new administration still haven't really been focusing on the great deal of inequities we have in our society."

And "I'm blacker than Obama!" was the first thing that came out of your mouth? Nigga pleeeeease.

In the article, Blagojevich refers to the president as "this guy," and says Obama was elected based simply on hope.

"What the (expletive)? Everything he's saying's on the teleprompter," Blagojevich told the magazine for a story that hits newsstands Jan. 19.

"I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived," Blagojevich said. "I saw it all growing up."

PAUSE! Here's all I care about. According to this white man being "black" is defined byyyy:

-hardships
-shining shoes
-being white
-living in a black community

Now, this is something I've had explained to me a good portion of my life, usually in conjunction with how I'm NOT black. Despite my obvious skin tone and the fact that I too suffered many hardships and actually live in what we might know as "the hood". My white friends always knew what "blackness" was and to them I didn't fit it. Ha. Ha.

And THEN we have the folks who are simply black by osmosis--they lived around black people, worked with them, knew them, therefore they are qualified to police blackness. Except when it's time to bank on white privilege then fuck that black shit.

Oh yeah Rod? Well whatever nyucka!

On the radio program, Blagojevich talked more about his childhood and how he saw the riots in Chicago in the late 1960s and the "white flight" from the city. He did not compare his childhood to that of Obama's or any other black person.

Still, "I've always had a strong affinity for the African-American community," he stressed, adding that when he was governor he appointed several more blacks to "important" posts than any of his predecessors.

The rest is here. I really just wanted to get the main point off my chest, Rod can suck me & purify himself in the waters of Coccyx.

blog comments powered by Disqus