December 15, 2009

So impure and...bleh.

Well, I came here thinking, "My last blog was quite literally a fluff post--d'aw look at it!" So I decided I might take a minute to get serious, but then I read the news today, oh boy.

I scrolled down my homepage, more shit about Tiger Woods but nothing about either tigers or woods. Damn!

I cycled through some of my favorite blogs, no cheer.

I scrolled down the front page of ONTD_P and was greeted with three stories of gang rape, all of very young girls, and two at least that I know of involving minorities.

Holy shit! and that has put me out of commission for the rest of the day.

...So! I decided we all need some Peter Murphy in our life right now. How's about it?

"Sweetest Drop", in which Peter, in full-on 90s goth mode, wanders and frantically dances around a muted-color room with billowy sheets--I don't know either, don't question his vision:



And here he performs the seminal Nine Inch Nails classic "Reptile"/"Haunted (When the Minutes Drag)" medley with Trent Reznor, Jeordie White (aka Twiggy Ramirez), and some lucky ass folks sitting on the carpet:



Why "Haunted"? It's by Love & Rockets. So what? Daniel Ash & David Jay of L&R were in Bauhaus...as was Peter. This is what happens when you listen to this shit too often.

blog comments powered by Disqus