September 12, 2009

In absentia

Yeah yeah...I should actually be asleep right now. If you've not seen me whining on Twitter I'm horribly sick so don't touch your screen right now.

Lately, in real life as well as on the internet, I've been in more of a mood for listening than talking. This is sort of bad for a few of my classes where I'm graded solely on participation; I don't know if I'm tired of participating--because I still have more to contribute I know--or if I've already hit classroom ennui. Or maybe I haven't even hit my stride yet. I'm going to try more in class though because I got to get grades.

The internet is a different thing though, because really I can just keep listening & listening forevers and call it "burn out" but then, like class, I'd never learn anything would I.

So...I don't know. I don't sweat myself over myself anymore...but y'all don't wanna hear me, just wanna dance--so what am I hear for, other than to express random bouts of Randism (although I am certainly not goddamnit)?

This is one of my favorite songs. It also has the fortune of being incredibly creepy when you realize the album it comes off--In Absentia--is a loose concept album about a serial killer. Enjoy Porcupine Tree:



A mother sings a lullaby to a child
Sometime in the future the boy goes wild
And all his nerves are feeling some kind of energy

A walk in the woods and I will try
Something under the trees that made you cry
It's so erotic when your make up runs

I got wiring loose inside my head
I got books that I never ever read
I got secrets in my garden shed
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes

A few minutes with me inside my van
Should be so beautiful if we can
I'm feeling something taking over me


I got wiring loose inside my head
I got books that I never ever read
I got secrets in my garden shed
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes


I got wiring loose inside my head
I got books that I never ever read
I got secrets in my garden shed
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes

blog comments powered by Disqus