March 2, 2009

Hey, Tennessee, let's ban adoption for those heathen folk.

Oh goddamnit I hate my state. Why do we do these things? First it was the English Only Amendment (which didn't pass, obviously, so buleria bitches) and now we're ALSO wanting to ban adoption for unmarried couples. Yep, let's join the ranks of Florida and Kentucky and Arizona an'nem.

Check it out though, only unmarried couples are prevented adopting. I mean, do you realize how big a damn group that is? It obviously includes single folks, as in single straight men and women, gays, lesbians, transgender people...pretty much anyone who is not and cannot be married.

AND I DON'T GET THIS. I can almost see a hint of logic behind it if I try. But, so, let's prevent more and more kids from having a decent home because we're only allowing married couples to adopt. Sorry if you're single and you can afford to adopt a child that needs you, married couples only.

Buhhhh?

That frankly makes no sense and we need to tell these...uh...people just that. Tennessee. YOU AREN'T HELPING YOURSELF. It's time to make some new friends and protest this ridiculous mess. Auuugghh.

Oh, here's a Facebook group to join, it has lots of good links and things :D

But...just in case you don't have a Facebook and/or don't feel like joining the group, here's some linkses if you're interested.

To call your local representative: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/legislators/

and call to Sen. Paul Stanley's office directly: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/senate/members/S31.html

[Ed: I fail at that link thing. Ooops.]

And heeere's what the bill actually says in case, for some reason, you didn't believe me! Let me know if that link doesn't work, someone, it's being kinda faulty for me (popping up then not popping up).

Now that I've said my peace, I'm getting my jotting hand ready! You think he'd be mad if I addressed him as...a...memb--okay you know whose name he has right? I'm horrible.

0 had something to add:

Post a Comment

Please share some knowledge. Or amuse me at least :O