February 8, 2010

They will merely talk

Wheel of the Blogosphere turn turn turn, tell us the lesson that we didn't learn (the first time we went over this shit)!

This week has already been disastrous. I cut again despite reckoning I'd stop. There was some rumbling on my Twitter & Tumblr about erasure of other women of color (that is, non-black women of color) and hueism and interracism. And stuff like that. I don't know where it came from, I don't think it really matters. I took refuge in more frivolous blogs and school work in the mean time.

"Let me join your club
or
your group
or
your organization
and
give me lips with which to speak my words, please."

We don't want that one
we can only free one of you at a time
wait your turn,
surely it's arriving soon


i have heard lip service
when they are content
they will merely talk

"Come join our club
or
our group
or
our organization
and we will give you the words to move your lips; passion"

pretty dressing in front of a window
lure in the customers
that's all you are
and when they are done


they will give lip service
to make themselves content
they will merely talk

blog comments powered by Disqus