November 30, 2009

Step outside the cage and let the real fool show

I'm pretty sure I've posted this song before, it's somehow turned into one of my favorite Tears for Fears songs.

Anyway, you know, I don't mind being personal--maybe extremely personal--with you all from time to time and every now and then I drop the oh-so-subtle sarcasm hints that I may not be well, physically or mentally. Or I may not know who/where I am at times, what I'm doing there, what I did there in the time being, or where I'm going next. Maybe that's a little more than you expected from a "blog" as opposed to "open journal/chronicle of my up/downward spiral".

I'm not sure why I do that or why I feel it frighteningly easy, I guess it's because it relates to my guise stance as a young social activist and you must, must, even against your will, understand where I'm coming from. I thought I could separate the two but I guess I can't after all, it is who I am. Who I think I am, anyway, at this current point. I don't like to fuss just to fuss you could say.

What was I talking about? Song time!



Here on the stage, the time has come
'Mid the strains of "Be My Angel", of rockin' 2/4
Time may keep alive that old swan song
That we've been playing forever,
Til time may be right to say 'good-bye'

My voice is aching,
I'm tongue-tied,
And the sounds we are making are so old...

Goodnight song, played so wrong,
Blame the crowd, they screamed so loud so long

It's an honest day;
Take the best of me and then the rest let go.
In every situation where there's tireless rage,
Step outside the cage
And let the real fool show.

I should have stayed 'round to break the ice,
I thought about it once or twice,
But nothing ever changes
Unless there's some pain

And our
Goodnight song, played so wrong,
Blame the crowd, they screamed so loud so long,
Goodnight song, played so wrong,
Blame the crowd, they screamed so loud
So long...

blog comments powered by Disqus