November 2, 2009

I have a name you know...

Forgive me, this will probably be a typo-heavy angry post. I'm trying to exercise some demons & I've already pretty much left death threats over Facebook and what not.

I want to bring up an issue and you may look at the subject line and think, "excellent, more identity crisis issues!" Yes it's been a fun few months trying to pull the pieces of myself back together. I'm missing a few...can someone help me?

In anycase, I just want you all to know that I actually have a first name. I know, I don't mention it often--you can actually even call me by it.

This...this happens a lot. Now that I'm in college it's pretty rare that even my professors would know me from Jenny over there despite obvious differences--I just blend in that way, even with strangely covered hair. I'm offered referred to as "*finger snap*" or simply "her/she". That's all I get. In some instances I'll get a "Miss".

This is pretty infuriating to me. At least ask me. Why does this drive me up a wall so much? I don't know. A few minutes ago I'm standing right next to this stranger bitch one chick I've lived with for over 2 months and she can barely refer to me by name most of the time. I don't know how this is possible.

I often find this flat out disrespectful, but what I can I do? Pull your hair and make you scream the syllables in a totally non sexy way? I don't know. I'll probably fail all my classes simply for never speaking enough--it's not my fault though, my name isn't "Hey you" or "*snap snap*" or "*point*" or "she". I don't answer to these, maybe if you'd refer to me by name more often I'd socialize...

This post was brought to you by Screaming Rage, Lack of Sleep, and Kinda Hungry

blog comments powered by Disqus