September 7, 2009

A Candid Debate On Black Manhood, Same Gender Love & Civil Rights: Fact & Fiction

Phew, I am on a roll tonight. I thought the family might like this video (via ONTD_P):

A Candid Debate On Black Manhood, Same Gender Love & Civil Rights: Fact & Fiction from Cleo Manago on Vimeo.



Warning: Graphic imagery used in the intro

I didn't see it so much as a "debate" as it was just back & forth about common misconceptions, you know, the kind that never seems to get un-misconcepted. That a debate does not really make I don't think. Black manhood is something I literally found myself thinking about in the shower one night & I've been turning it over ever since, and the intro alone pretty much summed up my thoughts. Really, being a woman I can only ponder though. Also, obviously we need to repeatedly address this stigma in the black community. And you know, all communities, but I so happen to be feeling black today.

blog comments powered by Disqus