August 11, 2009

THINGS HAVE CHANGED

/cue fluff blogging

To commemorate my absent father's birthday, I decided I would go ahead and display my new blog design early. Isn't it nice? I've said before I didn't really like using graphics but after I saw this lovely smoke texture (check credits on the side) I thought, fuck it. Summer is coming to a close, and I just have this thing about seasonal colors...on the other hand, I think I went nuts with purple last year and I'm actually tired of seeing it. And other than that and some oranges I really don't like fall colors.

The use of smoke in the background is an in-joke, like my blog subtitle. You just kind of have to be there.

Just take a few minutes to cover your mouth and stare at its hazy beauty. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I FUCKED WITH THE SCRIBE TEMPLATE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

Unlike my super awesome rounded borders, which I kind of miss, this layout should be good for everyone to see since in the end I didn't actually do that much this time. YOU'RE WELCOME. On the other hand, if it's still funking up your browser for any reason, let me know and I'll attempt to do something about it. Or I'll...buy you a new computer or something, I don't know.

Anyway, you may notice my sidebar is looking empty over there. Somehow, someway, I lost my fucking blog roll. The whole thing. I don't even know what I did/didn't do although I have my guesses as to what happened. I was planning to update it anyway but DAMN. FUCK. HELL. GAH. NOT THIS WAY.

So I guess I'll just have to start over from scratch instead of building onto or up. You lot are also welcome (actually, strongly encouraged) to drop any links of interest, be they your own or someone else's, Ms Johnson, whatever. I know, I only come to you in times of extreme crisis but I really love you.

And...that's about it. Hey, you want a music video? Here's Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode.



I have to admit, I wouldn't hate seeing him as a solo artist these days.

After the storm had passed
I wondered how long
The break in the clouds would last

I saw something in your eyes
I'm sure
Oh baby I saw it
Something in your eyes
I wanted it for myself

I sit and I wait and I stare
Still wishing for a divine intervention
To lift me from my chair

I saw something in your eyes
I'm sure
Oh baby I saw it
Something in your eyes

I saw something in your eyes
I'm sure
Oh baby I saw it
There was something in your eyes
I wanted it for myself

You and I have come so far
We've reached beyond the farthest star
Time and time and time again
I want you back
You were a friend
We can't pretend

I saw something in your eyes
I'm sure
Oh baby I saw it
Something in your eyes
I wanted it for myself

blog comments powered by Disqus