July 25, 2009

I see you don't quite get it: Obama's a witch doctor

Hello everyone. I bet you were expecting a Black In America 2 post!

Well you're wrong, after 30 minutes of the first one I decided my time was better used sleeping. Oh I have some thoughts but not just yet.

First I want you to read about another sorry white person. What's he sorry about?

This dumbassery:



Yes, that image that is quickly sweeping the internets: Obama dressed as...well, what exactly IS he supposed to be dressed as? Is it really a witch doctor? A shaman? What? I don't get it. Republicans, explain yourself.

Actually, don't worry, David "LOLALITY" McKalip is already trying to explain himself. Does he fail? Let's see... (all emphasises mine)

DR. DAVID MCKALIP SENDS APOLOGY DIRECTLY TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

McKalip apologizes for sending insensitive image via e-mail

St. Petersburg, FL (July 23, 2009) - David McKalip, M.D., brain and spine neurosurgeon of St. Petersburg has never been shy in expressing where he stands regarding President Barack Obama's health-care reform. Despite McKalip's position on health system reform, he sends a sincere apology for a forwarded image of President Obama in an e-mail depicting the president in Papua New Guinean tribal garb (aren't you cute) with a logo beneath it saying, "Obama Care."

"I genuinely regret the decision I made in passing this e-mail message along. Directly to President Obama, I sincerely apologize for offending him. This was, in no way whatsoever, my intention. The image has nothing to do with my feelings or thoughts on any race or culture. I recognize that this image is offensive and hope that the nation refocuses on assuring all Americans have access to high-quality, affordable health care with no party interfering in the patient-physician relationship. My intention is to focus directly on the issue at hand, which is putting financial and decision-making power into the hands of patients and taking it from government and insurance companies," said McKalip.

McKalip takes the ball and he passes--oh but the flag is down! McKalip is out! Substitution!

The image forwarded was from a long chain of e-mails and not created by McKalip.


But wait, because the universe hates a fool eventually, there's more! As it turns out, this man is NOT. RACIST.

But that may not be the end of it. A Florida Democratic lawmaker has called on McKalip to resign as president-elect of the Pinellas County Medical Association and as a board member of the Florida Medical Association. State Rep. Darryl Rouson called the email "absolutely terrible" and an "outrageous act."

And it's worth noting that McKalip's original response to the flap was much more defiant than his subsequent apology. In an interview yesterday with the St. Petersburg Times, which picked up the story, he declared: "I am not a racist. I am simply a person speaking up to make sure patients don't get hurt by the government and by insurance companies.''

And he claimed that he was being targeted solely because of his political opposition to health-care reform. "Because I've been so effective in pointing out how the government plans are going to hurt patients in very serious ways ... the only way they can neutralize my message is to discredit me personally," he said.

I've never heard of you before? Also, I think you're being targeted for being a prick. Do you think you've been a prick, just a little? See what I did there?

As a defense against the racism charge, he noted, in the paper's words, that he had "helped organize a career counseling day several years ago for African-American Boy Scouts." And he blamed liberal activists for touting the email, which he called a "satire."


Ssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee everyone, it's just "satire"! Haha! Ha...ha...haaaaaaa.

Man, for all yo fancy degrees and book learninz you shol is dumb as a cabbage head.

blog comments powered by Disqus