March 19, 2009

Tutoring woes

I start back tutoring next week and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't know if I'm really ready to get back to it or not. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I could request a new school.

I don't want to leave the one I'm at but honestly I don't feel like I've been doing much good there. I don't feel like I can. My site liaison's getting on my last nerve by treating me like I can't handle the student I'm working with, who does really good when she's with me until the teacher decides to come over and basically meddle. Seriously, fuck off, I've had it going since last semester and here she come *sigh* if I can't work something out, I don't know...I don't want my kid to suffer because of some external "technical" difficulties.

I guess the good thing is, that's really the only part of the job that's annoying the hell out of me, the bad part being that it's a fairly sizable part. Sigh. Next week I'm going to try extra hard to work things out...I haven't actually spoken to her about her supposed "meddling" because I'm not sure how. I mean, am I really doing badly? If so she needs to just come out and tell me. I don't think I'm doing that badly, my kid's been making great progress while I've been there, I can tell. I'm not totally serious but I don't crack around the whole time either. It's so damn frustrating, bleh!

This, folks, is why I could never teach. Sigh. I'm annoyed.

blog comments powered by Disqus