November 15, 2008

I actually DID cut my hair

Yes guys, I listen to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and yes, Young. How wonderfully old school! I have no idea why I like folk rock so much. I've always been into Neil Young but you can't tell me his marriage with David Crosby, Stephen Stills & Graham Nash wasn't the shit. I mean I could go on but you'll just have to come to my night class to learn more *brief pause*

I recently threw "Carry On" and "Almost Cut My Hair" on my mp3 player. Weirdly enough I connected to ACMH the first time I heard it; it made me think about how my hair was inseparably connected to my identity and how much I hated being told what I should do with it. I connect with it even more since I DID cut my hair. Funny how life is :O

Also, try this live version of "Down By The River" if you aren't convinced yet, for some reason.

Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day
It's gettin kinda long
I coulda said it was in my way
But I didn't, and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
Yes, I feel like I owe it to someone

Must be because I had the flu for Christmas
And I'm not feeling up to par
It increases my paranoia
Like looking at my mirror and seeing a police car
But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it to someone

When I finally get myself together
I'm going to get down in that sunny, southern weather
And I find a place inside to laugh
Separate the wheat from the chaff
I feel like I owe it to someone

0 had something to add:

Post a Comment

Please share some knowledge. Or amuse me at least :O