July 15, 2008

Paper writing, or: Being Your Worst Editor!

Well, I'm currently down with a neck injury :P so to keep myself occupied because I can't do...anything, I got some paper, a pen, and actually started WRITING! Duh. And drawing a little.

Anyway, I've noticed that when I actually "paper write", there's a big difference compared to when I type up something in Word. For one thing, I admit I get a little lazy when I use Microsoft Word, since there's spellcheck, a thesaurus, and all that good shit that comes with the programming.

When I'm paper writing, though, I suddenly become the World's Bitchiest Critic: I obviously don't have all the tools I do on the computer so it's like starting over from scratch almost; I write all over the paper with corrections and I usually end up re-writing the page like 3 or 4 times. Not to mention pens running out and stuff :P it's a loooong process. And in the end I'll say to myself, "Great I'm gonna type this up!" And I change it AGAIN! And by the time I'm done doing all that re-writing and editing and correcting the last thing I want to do is see my story again...X(

I don't think I'm the only one that does this but I didn't really think about the big difference until yesterday afternoon. I actually think I should paper-write more often, it's good for remembering the basics of grammar and English and it's really kinda fun.

0 had something to add:

Post a Comment

Please share some knowledge. Or amuse me at least :O