June 4, 2009

It's Black Music Month!

I know, I know, how we managed to bag February and June I don't know. I don't make the rules.

I actually just found out about this via TransGriot and apparently it's been going on for 30 years now, so I feel totally clueless.

Okay, so we'll do this for as long as I manage to keep up because I had a few posts related to my relationship with the negro musics I've needed to do for a while now--you might even be able to guess what it is. Need a hint? To start us off belatedly, here is King's X again! Three reasons:

1) Black lead singer/bassist
2) ...who also so happens to be gay, and it is indeed Gay Pride Month as well
3) King's X are the fucking best; if you disagree I think you should just leave

*watches two birds fall from the sky* :D



Fear not, it will get blacker.

blog comments powered by Disqus