February 13, 2009

We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained

Yeah, I was in a pretty upbeat mood today. Then I checked out some of my favorite blogs and in the span of about 30 minutes I became extremely depressed again.

BUT

Good news. Not suicidally depressed anymore. I think it would be more beneficial to society if I took out OTHER FOLKS rather than myself.

Yes, as usual, the Internet has ruined a good thing. I don't feel like talking much about what set me off in particular because I'd be here all day mad at way too many people, I just want to say that I have no idea how people can remain so woefully ignorant on the internet. I should change that to willful ignorance because there's no reason that, if you don't understand something, that you can't go LOOK SHIT UP and get you some damn awareness. It's like folks don't even TRY anymore.

I don't think I'll ever understand this willful lack of awareness--let's call it ignorance. Then again I don't get human nature and I don't think anyone does either. So, fuck it, really, if people want to act like the world is their navel I'll treat them like the world is their navel, i.e like they're fucking stupid as hell. I kind of hate everyone & everything right now.

I don't feel very nice so obviously today is not the day for forgiveness, compassion, or anything foolish like that. Instead, have a Rush song. Listen to Mystic Rhythms like I have for the past two days to calm myself. Forgive Geddy's voice a bit, also not helping is Alex's (blonde dude) lack of mic volume so those harmonies sound...like un-harmonies.

So many things I think about
When I look far away
Things I know - things I wonder
Things I'd like to say
The more we think we know about
The greater the unknown
We suspend our disbelief
And we are not alone

Mystic rhythms - capture my thoughts
And carry them away
Mysteries of night
Escape the light of day
Mystic rhythms - under northern lights
Or the African Sun
Primitive things stir
The hearts of everyone

We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

Mystic rhythms - capture my thoughts
And carry them away
Nature seems to spin
A supernatural way
Mystic rhythms - under city lights
Or a canopy of stars
We feel the powers
And we wonder what they are
We feel the push and pull
Of restless rhythms from afar

0 had something to add:

Post a Comment

Please share some knowledge. Or amuse me at least :O