February 2, 2009

My Chemical Romance Covers Bob Dylan?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*horrified screams, gasps and faints*

DAMN THEM TO HELL! DAMN THEM I SAID! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!

Get me Jackob!

It has none of the feel of the original, the video is stupid, they made it more incomprehensible than the original, and if you're not going to cover the whole 11 minute epic DON'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL.

Of course...my bias may come from the fact that I don't think MCR could do justice to a cat being skinned in a blender. But...I hate Dylan covers. Not all of them, just a lot of them. It didn't help that particular cover was garbage all round. Damn young punks can't appreciate ANYTHING.

I'm already sanitizing my ears with the original...rocking in the corner of my closet. God how I do hate everything.

They're selling postcards of the hanging
They're painting the passports brown
The beauty parlor is filled with sailors
The circus is in town
Here comes the blind commissioner
They've got him in a trance
One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker
The other is in his pants
And the riot squad they're restless
They need somewhere to go
As Lady and I look out tonight
From Desolation Row

Cinderella, she seems so easy
"It takes one to know one," she smiles
And puts her hands in her back pockets
Bette Davis style
And in comes Romeo, he's moaning
"You Belong to Me I Believe"
And someone says," You're in the wrong place, my friend
You better leave"
And the only sound that's left
After the ambulances go
Is Cinderella sweeping up
On Desolation Row

0 had something to add:

Post a Comment

Please share some knowledge. Or amuse me at least :O